Step 1: Decide where you want to build your Template
There are two ways to create an email template in Sugar Market, formerly known as Salesfusion. By creating an email campaign:
Or by creating a template:
The advantages to creating templates from the Templates section include the following:
- The new template will not issue a Campaign ID. If a marketer creates a template from the campaign section, that email will be included with other active or deployed campaigns and will be issued a Campaign ID.
- The process begins in the Create stage of the building process. As a result marketers are not wasting their time filling out setup information in order to access the drag-and-drop editor.
- The campaign approach will contain content specific to that email depending upon when you select ‘Save as Template’.
Step 2: Setup your Template
Choose one of the four types of email templates as your starting point:
- New – Allows you to select a layout with preset columns to build from scratch
- Theme – Allows you to use and customize Sugar Market designed templates
- Templates – Your previously designed and saved Email Builder Templates
- Draft/Sent Campaigns – Import a draft or sent Email
Step 3: Name your Template
- Give your template a name and a thumbnail which you may access or upload into your Asset Library.
- Here you also have the option to make this template available to your sales team. It will be set to ‘OFF’ by default but by toggling it to ‘ON’, you will allow your Sales Team to see the template from the Sugar Market iFrame within your external CRM.
- Click ‘Save as Template’.
Step 4: Design your Template
Follow the same steps to create a template as you would to create your email campaign.