Sugar® provides the ability for each user to create one or more signatures that can appear on emails. While you may have several different ones to suit various purposes, you can also create and define a default signature which will appear automatically whenever you compose or reply to an email. This article covers how to create a default email signature in Sugar.
Note: This article pertains to Sugar versions 7.9.x and earlier.
Use the following steps to create a default signature in Sugar:
- Navigate to the Emails module.
- Click the Settings button.
- From the General tab, click “Create” to the right of the Signatures field.
- Enter a name for the signature.
- Create the signature using the colors, fonts, links, images, etc. in the TinyMCE editor as desired.
- Click “Save”.
- Ensure that the desired default signature is selected in the “Signatures” dropdown.
Note: If you do not want a signature to appear automatically by default, simply choose “-none-“.
- Click “Done” and refresh the page for the new settings to take effect.
Now when you compose a new email or reply to an email, the signature you selected in Step 7 in the section above will appear by default. In addition, if you have multiple signatures created in Sugar, you can choose to use a different signature in the email by clicking “Options” in the Emails module.
From the Compose Email window, click the Signatures button if you wish to search and select an alternative signature.