When considering changes to your on-site deployment, you may need to determine which type of database your instance uses.
Steps to Complete
You can determine your instance’s database vendor by following these steps:
- Login to your SugarCRM instance as an admin user
- Navigate to the Admin page
- Click Diagnostic Tool
- Click Execute Diagnostic
- Download and extract the diagnostic file
- From the extracted files open config.php
- Locate the property ‘db_type’ within the ‘dbconfig’ array
'dbconfig' => array ( 'db_host_name' => 'localhost', 'db_host_instance' => 'SQLEXPRESS', 'db_user_name' => 'sugarcrm', 'db_password' => '********', 'db_name' => 'sugarcrm', 'db_type' => 'mysql', ),
Possible values include mysql, mssql, and oci8 which refer to the vendors MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle respectively.