The Health Check wizard must be run when upgrading in order to evaluate whether your instance is suitable for upgrade. The Health Check wizard detects a variety of issues that may affect your ability to upgrade. This article will cover how to resolve a “SugarBPM Partially Locked Field Group” error reported by the health check.
Note: This error was titled “Advanced Workflow Partially Locked Field Group” prior to Sugar 9.x.
This error generates an output similar to the following in health check:
Starting with Sugar version 220.127.116.11, when a module contains any grouped fields (e.g. the Primary Address fields on an account), the group’s individual fields cannot be locked in a process definition. Instead, the administrator must lock the entire group of fields. If you have created any process definitions that contain a locked field within a group and you are upgrading to 18.104.22.168 or later, the upgrade will fail until the field is unlocked.
You must edit the affected process definition(s) to continue. Navigate to the process definition’s design view and unlock the individual field that is part of the grouped field. After successfully completing the upgrade, you can return to the process definition and lock the entire grouped field.
As an example, the health check output may contain information similar to the following:
SugarBPM Partially Locked Field Group - Leads module: Group alt_address is partially locked in Process Definition PD3-Leads.
In this example error, “Leads module” describes the target module of the affected process definition; “PD3-Leads” is the name of the process definition; and “alt_address” is the name of the field group that contains one or more locked fields. To resolve the error shown in the example, the administrator should perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the Visual Designer canvas for the process definition titled “PD3-Leads”.
- Right-click on any blank part of the canvas and then select “Process Definition”.
- Scroll to the Locked Fields section and remove the checkmark next to any field that belongs to a field group. For this example, we will uncheck the box next to Shipping Country, which is part of the
- Click “Save” to close the pop-up and then save the changes to the process definition.
- After unlocking the affected field(s), please navigate to Admin > Repair and perform a Quick Repair and Rebuild to ensure that Sugar syncs the changes between the application and database.
You should now perform the health check again to confirm that the error is no longer reported.
After successfully completing the upgrade, you may return to the process definition and lock the entire grouped field if desired. For the example in the steps above, Sugar 22.214.171.124 and later will replace the Shipping Country, Shipping City, etc. fields with the group field name, “Shipping Address”: