When installing Sugar Plug-in for Word 2007, I received error #2869. When I attempted to uninstall it, I got a fatal error message.
This could be due to inadequate permissions on the Program Files directory. To give administrator-level permissions for this directory, do the following:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files.
- Right click on the Program Files folder and select “Properties” from the list.
- Select the “Security” tab and click “Advanced” towards the bottom right of the window.
- Select the “Owner” tab and click Edit.
- Highlight your user name on the list, select the check box at the bottom left of the window.
- Click Apply. This will begin to adjust the permissions on the Program Files directory and its sub-folder and files.
- Once this process is complete, click OK in all windows until they are all closed.
- Right click on the Program Files folder again and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab, click Edit.
- Select your user name from the list and check the box below for “Full Control”; click Apply and then click OK.
- Repeat step 10 but instead of selecting your user name, select the Administrator and give Full Control.